Every day just gets better and better, being a mom is my happy place. I feel fulfilled, I feel like it's where I'm meant to be and nothing makes me happier. But lately I feel so overwhelmed with questions of how I'm going to parent, how I'm going to teach Tatum all of the many things I'm supposed to teach her. You know, it's pretty scary sometimes to think that it's my sole responsibility to do those things. But today in church I was reminded that we don't have to do it alone. I feel so much comfort knowing that there is a God that loves us and is aware of our needs. And that if we live righteously, we as parents can have the guidance of the Holy Ghost. I know that as a mom I'm going to make mistakes and I'm not going to be able to be perfect, but I know that I will always strive to live in such a way that I can have the spirit with me. I need that as a mother.
Tatum has brought so much joy and happiness into our lives. Being her mom has been my greatest blessing and I never take it for granted. Each day has it's challenges, but the rewards are far greater. Watching her learn and grow is amazing. Right now her specialty is the cheesiest grin you've ever seen, which I hope she keeps forever. She opens her mouth as big as she possibly can all while kicking her legs and flopping her arms. And I absolutely can't go anywhere without getting at least ten comments about her eyes and her smile. She loves being around people and smiles at everyone everywhere we go. She truly radiates happiness to everyone around her. At a mere 9 (almost) months it amazes me that she already has so much personality. And although she absolutely won't snuggle with me, which I may or may not forgive her for, I know that she loves me and that she very much needs me. And at the end of the day, no matter what the struggles, that's what makes me feel so fulfilled. And boy do I need her just as much.
No comments:
Post a Comment