It's a really hard thing to describe, how much you love your child. I always heard people say that you will never know until you have children of your own. That is so true. I have never loved someone so unconditionally in my entire life until I became a mom. I'm in love with everything about this girl. The way she arches her back and stretches her arms and legs when she's waking up. The way she makes her lips into a tiny "O" shape (her pooping face). The fact that she is little enough to sprawl out and sleep on my chest for hours, and all the squeaky noises she makes. Sometimes it's just the littlest things that you cherish the most.
You turn into one of those proud mama's you never thought you'd be. The one with 500 pictures of their two week old that hardly does anything but eat, poop, and sleep. Yep that's me, it's a bit ridiculous. But it's an amazing feeling to know you are the sole provider for someone so small, innocent, and beautiful. They need you in a way that no one ever has. And you learn very quickly why moms give so much to their children. From the moment they placed Tatum in my arms, I knew that I would give and do anything for her. And all of the sacrifices I knew I was going to have to make hardly seemed like sacrifices anymore. It feels like I've been waiting a lifetime to be a mom. I've been looking forward to it ever since I can remember, and I'll tell you what, motherhood is an even more rewarding and beautiful experience than I ever could have imagined. I love you my little Tator Tot, please never grow up!
No comments:
Post a Comment