So I realize that I am WAYYY behind on blogging. So I'm going to do my very best at recapping the last few months. First of all can I just say I absolutely LOVE being a mom. It has been so sweet to watch Tatum learn and grow. I can't believe that she is already three months old. She literally makes me smile every. single. day. She is such a happy baby and it makes it very difficult to ever have a bad day when she's always got the biggest grin on her face. My most favorite thing ever is that she knows her mama. She will follow me with her eyes wherever I go and will smile at me when I walk into the room. It is such a rewarding thing.
I pretty much do all the things you're not supposed to do with your baby. I rock her to sleep a lot of nights. I let her sleep in my bed with me sometimes (okay a lot of times). But those are seriously my favorite things in the whole entire world. And I'm seeming to manage okay with the sleep I'm getting so I use that as my excuse. I'll put her down around 10 pm and she will sleep until around 3 or 4. When she wakes up for that first early feeding I lay her next to me, feed her, and then just let her snuggle up and sleep with me until she's ready to get up again. Usually it results in a kinked neck or shoulder for me but I wouldn't have it any other way. Should I put her back in her bed... probably... but like I said, those are the times I will cherish forever. Plus I know that I don't get them for long.
She is just starting to figure out what her hands are. It's hilarious because she will just sit and stare at them, like fascinated. I love that the world is all new to her. She loves being outside and we go on walks every day. You can tell that she's just taking it all in, the trees, the sun, the sky. She also found her vocal chords a few weeks ago, which results in her cooing and babbling for the better part of the day. Boy do I love those conversations, if only someone could see what a fool I look like baby talking to her. She can now roll over from her tummy to her back and also sit up in her bumbo. It kills me how fast this is all happening. I love love kissing her whenever and wherever. I'm constantly kissing her squishy cheeks and "french" kissing her (that's what I call it since every time I kiss her lips she's trying to eat me).
It's also so sweet to watch Byron being a dad. He is the best dad ever. He has been so involved and helpful with her since day one. Even when she was teeny tiny and did nothing but eat, poop, and sleep, he still wanted to hold her and loved every little thing she did. He is so sweet and gentle with her and I know he loves her more than anything. She definitely has him wrapped around her finger. I couldn't have picked a better person to share my life with and raise a family with. Tatum and I are so lucky to have him.
This little girl has brought more happiness into our lives than I could even describe. She makes every day more meaningful. It just feels like she's always been a part of me, like I always knew she was mine. Everyone would always say to me while I was pregnant, "Enjoy you're life now because it will never be the same once you have her". Yes, they are right, my life will never be the same. But I never want it to be the same. Now that I have her I can't imagine even going a single day without her. She truly has filled a place in my heart that I never knew was empty.
These are of Tatum exploring the outdoors, her facial expressions are priceless.
She's around 3 months in these ones.
Tatum one month old.
Bad quality, but this is Tatum's very first time smiling, it completely melted my heart.
She LOVES getting in the bath. She always tries to eat the water.
Favorite picture ever. These two have my heart.
Tatum's blessing day.
On our way to St. George when she was 6 weeks old.
Ha ha ha baby stretches are the BEST!!
This is her discovering her hands.
She loves watching TV, especially football. It's hilarious. She just sat and watched the BYU vs. Utah game with us and stared at the TV.
After driving to my parents house I got out to get her and found her like this. Sometimes your headband can double as a sleeping mask.
She has the craziest hair I've ever seen. We die laughing at her bed head.
That was a million pictures but like I said, I'm trying to catch up. The crazy thing is that this isn't even a third of all the pictures I have of her. Hopefully I can be more consistent with posting from now on.




















No comments:
Post a Comment