10.13.2015

Tatum Update

So I have been meaning to update this list as a blog post for a while now. Whenever Tatum says or does something funny I hurry and jot it down in my notes on my phone so I don't forget it. But silly me forgot to put dates on them until recently. So here are some things Tatum has said or done that I want to remember. They are in chronological order but most without dates. She's between 1 1/2 to 2 years and 4 months in these. 

•Pets her cheek when you say "Nice".
•She says "I see" when she wants to look at your phone. 
•She gives big hugs and squeezes 
•"Help You"- which means "Help Me"
•She loves hide and seek and gets mad when you find her and says HIDE.
•If a song she likes comes on she says your name and when you look she starts dancing. 
•You yell our names until well actually look @ you. 
•You pretty much say Ya or uh huh to every question
•You love Pandas 
•When we pass a church you say temple
•You say Bye when we put you down to sleep
•My fav word you say is cucumber "cumber"
•You love putting your hand in my neck
•Today you pointed to your shadow and said Tatum 
•Tonight I was making bacon and you said mmmmm bacon, nummy nummy
• "I want free (3) binky's."
•"Come on quack quacks we're going to park."
•"Are you kidding me Ky Ky?" 
•"By you by you car"-- which means I wanna sit in the front seat and push all of the buttons 
•"Tatum?" "Right here." 04/06/15
•Point to billboard "Hamburger" 
•Pass McDonalds "Fries"
•"Skyler's truck" whenever you see a red truck
•"Come on!!!!"
•Conberse- what you call your converse tennis shoes
•Got rid of binky and it was so easy. We just cut the nipple off and told you it was broken and you threw it away. For a little while after you'd say "Binky? Binky's broken."
•"Hi Poppy Tuna. How you doing? Bye Tuna."
•Lexi Lou and everyone else's middle name is Lou too
•Under (thunder)
•When you tell her she's cute she says thanks
•Every night you say mamas bed because you want to sleep with me. 
•Today I took you to the Lehi Pool. You were completely terrified at first but then warmed up and loved it. 
•"I like this song turn it up."
•"I'm not gonna go to sleep"
•"Chubby's"- as you pinch someone's fat
•I wanna see Mommy's tummy. (You know a baby is in there)
•"I like babies." 
•"Mm smells good" 
•Kisses pictures of jesus
•"Rockaby you" (rock me to sleep)
•"I need unscreen im hot I'm gonna get sunburned" 
•"There's a bug can you clean it?" Meaning can you squish the big with a paper towel which is what I clean with)
•"On the knock" which means "dock" 07/05/15
•Rickety 
•Black baby-- I bought you an African American doll at Walmart and Byron referred to her as a black baby and for some reason it just stuck with you and you wouldn't call her anything else. And so one time when we were out and about you saw a real black baby and pointed and said "black baby". You're dad then tried to teach you that the color of the skin didn't matter but it had already stuck. 
•One second k?
•"All fresh and clean"
•What the gosh?
•Couple songs, Child of God k? (Requesting primary songs before bed)
•(About booger) "I wanna find it one second k?" 
•No it's fine take a rest a long time (what she said as she was getting into trouble and didn't want me to catch her)
•"Mama need a tissue? I'm here mom." What she said to me when she came in my room and saw me crying. 
•At dinner-- "daddy you're a sweet boy"
•What's that name? Which means what's their name?
•Did you have a good day at school and work?-- She asks Byron this every day when he gets home. 
•"No it be fine"-- what she says when she's doing something she knows I don't want her doing but she wants to do it anyway. 09/01/15
•"I'm happy to see you"-to daddy 9/21
•"Toot in the Rockies" also "Rumble in the Rockies" after you fart. 
•Don't tell me no ok?
•"Grandma says I'm a big girl, grandma says I'm darling."
•"Let's brush your teeth Tatum." "No just be proud of me."
•"Put on your jacket Tatum." "No I'll just say brr"
•"Can I have chocolate? Just a little bit mom" You always add "just a little bit" when you know it's something I don't like to give you much of like a treat. 10/06/15
•"I want to... One more time" or "forever forever"-- you tell me this after I say we have to go or we can't do something anymore.
•"I need a kiss and a hug." You tell everyone this before you leave or before you go to bed.  
•You say you want to be a big girl like daddy. 

And also just a quick update on things currently. You love being around people and little kids, you are a social butterfly. You therefore LOVE nursery and anything else where you get to be around other kids. You aren't shy and you make friends wherever you go, including adults. You aren't afraid to talk to people. You love having attention on you, you definitely don't shy away when you are in the spotlight. You love dancing and performing in front of people and showing everyone your "leg lift". You speak so well for your age and people tell me that all the time. You not only have a large vocabulary but you pronunciate your words very well. You love talking and talk non stop all day every day. You memorize books that I read to you and you love "reading" them back to me. I'm amazed at your memory. You are definitely not a low maintenance child. You pretty much are demanding my time and attention 24/7 but I love your personality. You are smart, fun, spunky, outgoing, sassy, determined, independent, and very entertaining. You never were a cuddly baby but lately you love giving hugs and kisses and wrapping your arms around me (while gritting your teeth with excitement). You can already tell you are a very passionate person which makes everything more intense. But it also makes things so fun. You get so excited about things and I always know how you're feeling. I see a lot of myself in you. You've got a sassy confident strut that even strangers giggle over. You walk around like you own the place. You are still obsessed with Ky Ky. You give people complements like, "I like your shoes" or "your hair is pretty" or "grandma you look cute!" You love chewing gum and chew it like a grown up. Your favorite show is Peppa Pig and you want waffles and syrup every single morning for breakfast. Your dad and I are in love with everything about you. We think you are beautiful and smart and amazing in every way. You consume our lives, our thoughts, our prayers. We feel so blessed and honored to be your parents and love watching you learn and grow. Love you sweet Tatum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment