4.07.2013

another mommy blog



So I did it, I did what it seems like every person does once they become a mom- blog of course! It's almost expected, you know get married, have babies, and start a blog. So I guess I fall in the category of those millions of mommy bloggers out there. But when I found out that me and Byron were expecting our first baby, and after receiving an awesome DSL camera for Christmas, I figured there really isn't any better way for me to document our lives. Especially since I am not a good journal writer.

"You will never regret the photos you have of you with your children. And if that doesn't resonate, then think of it this way: every photo of you with your children will be a precious and priceless gift for them in the future. There is no more valuable photograph in any collection than a mother with her child. Not a single one." -Tracey Clark, Elevate the Everyday

Just in these past 7 months of pregnancy I've already had so many beautiful experiences that I want to document, because if I don't I'm afraid I'll forget them. After all some things only happen once and they can be gone so quickly. I don't want to be robbed of remembering these precious moments in life. I'm already scared to blink, I can only imagine what it's going to be like once my sweet baby girl gets here.



I am just hoping I can be as committed to this as I am wanting to be. Everyone that knows me well knows how big of a perfectionist I am. And as bad as it sounds I don't like doing something unless I am really good at it (hence the failed attempt of my previous blog). So although I am no professional photographer or a particularly spectacular writer, I am excited to learn as I go, and most importantly capture memories. So here's to not giving up on this one.

Oh and here are a few dates from this pregnancy that I want to remember:
10/01/12- Positive Pregnancy Test
11/19/12- First Ultrasound (Got to hear your heartbeat on my birthday!)
12/12/12- We found out we were having a girl.
01/10/13- Felt you moving around for the first time.
01/12/13- Dad felt you kick for the first time.
Started showing at 20 weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment